Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Twas the night before Thanksgiving....

'Twas the night before Thanksgiving and all through the house,
three little creatures were stirring, (though I'd prefer a mouse).

The turkey was thawing in the sink with care
And by this time of night, I've lost most of my hair.

For the children were long overdue for their beds,
and visions of Hawaii danced in my head.

But still, in the kitchen I calmly remained
to continue the cooking, the baking, the pain.

Cuz this mamma is tired, she's huffing and puffing
just to get throught the cranberry sauce and the stuffing.

For this meal won't come from a box or a can
It's a homemade Thanksgiving - every dish, every pan...

...is a masterpiece made with much hard work and love
to remind us to be thankful for all from above.

So despite all the blood, sweat, and tears, it's worthwhile
just to see my whole family full of turkey and smiles.

So on the eve of this feast, let us never lose sight
of all of our blessings.... and with that said,

Goodnight!

1 comment:

Massy Biagio said...

i read Your commento only now. I live in perugia and I write some blog around Italian Culture for American ( and all the world) peoples. One of these is almost completed. It's a Blog about Italian Music, but i write also about Perugia, Umbria europe and Italian Culture. I think We can exchange our links ; my blog has a page dedicted about 'Blog's Friends' called BlogRoll. please, contact me on blogmasterpg chiocciola aol.com or levae a message in one of my italian blogs. I need some "amici italo-americani". Ciao. PS: Hai una famiglia stupenda, complimenti. La Famiglia è sempre, ancora, la cosa più importante di tutte.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...